ALL ABOUT PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION:
The Examination shall comprise of two Papers of 200 marks each.
- General Studies – Paper I ) (Total 100 Question)
- CSAT – Paper II (Total 80 Questions) [ Qualifying in Nature : You Need only 33 % Marks ]
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography -Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance -Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental, Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialisation
- General Science.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level),
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs,tables, data sufficiency etc. -Class X level)
- Both the question papers will be of the objective type (Multiple Choice Questions).
- Time Allotment – Two Hours for each Paper.
- The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
Note-2: Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%. So focus should be on General Studies Paper-1.